It wouldn’t be December if it were possible to really blog every day! So tonight I owe you. How have you been going with thankfulness this week? Is it becoming easier each day? This week has been a roller-coaster of emotions for me yet I’m noticing that I’m able to find joy in bleak situations because of my persistence with being thankful. If you haven’t started yet, it’s definitely not too late…be thankful for the remaining 25 days we have left of 2012! 🙂 Would love to see you post things you’re thankful for on Twitter/Instagram… checking out the #thankful feed is always a wonderful way to start a day!
1. I am thankful for… good health – while I get struck by the seasonal cold here and there, I have been very blessed with good health all my life and never spent a night in hospital. I was reminded of this thanks to my Mum and Dad who took part in a walk for Brain Cancer last weekend, in memory of my grandparents who were both lost to this form of cancer. If you’re looking for a way to be altruistic this Christmas, check out this list of health related charities in Australia and donate to one in memory of someone you know.
2. I am thankful for… buskers – the Central Station tunnel in Sydney is home to a variety of talented and some not so talented buskers but as I’ve now been venturing into the city for the past 4 years I’ve enjoyed hearing the improvements of some, especially the wonderful elderly Chinese man who plays his Erhu each morning without fail – he’s just started playing Christmas Carols!!
3. I am thankful for… my bible study – Tuesdays have become my favourite night of the week because I get to hang out with 15 of the loveliest, wisest and caring people I know. We are a diverse group in ages and life stages but it’s brought me so much joy to get to know them over the year and get stuck into the Bible together! Here’s to an even better 2013 life dizzles!
1. I am thankful for… TOMS – if you like shoes or sunglasses and have a social conscience, TOMS are for you. For every pairof shoes you buy, TOMS gives one to a child in the developing world, one for one. Our bridal party was decked out in TOMS for our wedding earlier this year, but I’ve just finally bought a pair of casual TOMS (although I wish I could rock the gold sparkles everywhere!) for everyday wear. Check them out – they make a great Christmas present!! 🙂
2. I am thankful for…volunteers – Wednesday marked International Volunteer Day, a day of celebrating volunteers around the world for the ways they contribute to communities in need. As we begin to reflect on 2012, what ways have you volunteered your time this year. Is is something you want to get more involved with in 2013? Check out the Centre for Volunteering, a great place to start!
3. I am thankful for…. Yogurberry – I was introduced to the wonder of Yogurberry last night – pretty much DIY frozen yoghurt, with a variety of healthy flavours and toppings, yum! If you’re in Sydney, you need to hop on the Yogurberry boat and try this place out!! Check out store info here.
1. I am thankful for… “Start Something that Matters” – With my TOMS purchase came an extra gift to celebrate the holiday season. “Start Something that Matters” is the book by TOMS founder, Blake Mycoskie, an incredibly down-to-earth American social entrepreneur who really knows his stuff. If you’re looking at getting into the start-up industry (there’s not better time than now in Australia!), this is the book for you. There’s been few books where I’ve wanted to read this quickly but this easy read is brimming with advice and inspiration it’s hard to put down! Check out the video below for more details!
2. I am thankful for… Just Dance – if you know me, you’d know that I love dancing and I am obsessed with Just Dance. Today it just felt good to come home and forget about the day by plugging in my Wii and just going crazy…did I mention it’s also a good workout? Be warned, dinner invitations at our home always finish with a Just Dance sesh.
3. I am thankful for.. Dropbox – perhaps a bit silly and I kinda feel like I’m now doing product placements, but I wouldn’t get by without Dropbox and with the amount of times I’ve used it this week to share, create and upload things definitely deserves a thanks. If you work collaboratively in any shape or form, you need to get Dropbox!
What were you thankful for today? Post below!